Setelah prototype user interface selesai dibuat, maka perlu dilakukan suatu evaluasi untuk mengetahui apakah telah sesuai dengan yang dibutuhkan user.
Yang perlu diperhatikan saat melakukan evaluasi:
1. The length and complexity of the written specification of the system and its interface provide an indication of the amount of learning required by user of the system.
2. The number of commands or actions specified and the average number of argument per command or individual operations per action provide an indication of iteraction time and the overall efficincy of the system.
3. the number of action, commands, and system states indicated by design the memory load on users of the system.
4. Interface style, help facilities, and error handling protocols provide a general indication of the complexity of the interface and the degree to which it will be accepted by the user.
Beberapa focus dalam general interaction:
Ø Be consistent
Ø Offer meaningful feedback
Ø Ask for verification of any non trivial destructive action
Ø Permit easy reversal of most actions
Ø Reduce the amount of information that must be memorizedbetween actions
Ø Seek efficiency in dialog, motion and thought
Ø Forgive mistake
Ø Categorize activities by function and organize screen geography accordingly
Ø Provide help facilities that are context sensitive
Beberapa focus dalam information display:
Ø Display only that information that is relevant to the current context.
Ø Don’t bury the user with data, use the presentationformat that enebles rapid assimilation of information
Ø Use consistent label, standard abbreviations, and predictable colors
Ø Allow the user maintain visual context
Ø Produce meaningful error message
Ø Use upper and lower case, indentation, and text grouping to aid in understanding.
Ø Use windows to compartementalize different types of information
Ø Use “analog” display to represent information that is more easily assimilated with thie form of representation
Ø Consider the available geography of the display screen and use it efficiently.
Beberapa focus dalam data input:
· Minimize the number of input actions required of the user
· Maintain consistency between information display and data input
· Interaction should be flexible but also tuned to user’s preferred mode of input
· Deactivate commands that are in appropriate in the context in of current actions
· Let the user control the interactive flow
· Provide help to assist with all input actions
· Eliminate specify unit input
Sumber : https://sam-worthington.net/